Social Media Policy
Posts and comments on the Facebook page managed by the City of Rising Sun are permitted, however, the City of Rising Sun Facebook page is a limited public forum that is moderated by the City. All posted content (comments, photos, links, etc.) must be related to the topic at hand. The following types of posts and comments are prohibited:
- Not topically related to the particular post being commented upon;
- Advertising/promoting personal or commercial business or product by any individual other than those approved and posted by the City;
- Obscene content or profane/vulgar language or acronyms understood to convey such;
- Accusing or disparaging another individual or business by name;
- Illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information or call to action that may tend to compromise the safety/security of the public;
- Supporting or opposing political candidates or ballot propositions;
- Promoting, fostering or perpetuating discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, low income status, limited English proficiency, ancestry or veteran status;
- Anonymous posts.
The City of Rising Sun reserves the right to remove posted content that does not comply with these policies. All posts and comments uploaded to the City of Rising Sun Facebook page will be periodically reviewed and such comments removed. This policy applies to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and any other social media the City may utilize.