Rising Sun News
Updated Procedures for Golf Cart Biannual Registration
Posted by Bryce Kendrick on May 29, 2020
Because of COVID-19, biannual registration for golf carts was suspended in mid-March. For those who have not already completed registration to keep your golf cart in good standing through December 31, 2021, you must do so by June 30, 2020.
Procedures to complete your registration have changed due to COVID-19. Please follow the updated process below:
1) Take your golf cart to the Rising Sun Police Department (300 S. Poplar St.). You are encouraged to call ahead for an appointment at 812-438-3737.
2) Bring your driver’s license and proof of insurance to RSPD. Please note homeowner’s insurance doesn’t always cover operating a golf cart on the street, so please check your policy.
3) RSPD will complete a checklist to make sure several items on your golf cart are in working order.
4) RSPD will give you a registration/application and Release of Liability to complete OR, to save time, click here to download the application/release and complete in advance.
5) RSPD will forward all information to the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office.
6) The Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at City Hall (200 N. Walnut St.) will contact you when the information is compiled. Please do not come to City Hall until you have been contacted by the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office.
7) After you are contacted, you may come to City Hall to pick up your sticker and pay the $25 fee. Your sticker is valid through 12/31/21.
As a friendly reminder, golf carts are subject to the same rules of the road as other motorized vehicles. Please enjoy the fun and convenience of your cart but operate it in a responsible manner for your safety and the safety of others.