Rising Sun News
Register For January Lifeguard Classes at South Dearborn H.S.
Posted by Bryce Kendrick on December 17, 2018
For those who may be interested in becoming a lifeguard at the Rising Sun Community Pool, please see details regarding certification classes below.
LIFEGUARDING CLASS (contact Lyndsay Laub email@example.com)
- Must be 15 years of age on or before the final scheduled session.
MUST complete the following swimming prerequisites:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic. Swimmers can use the front crawl or breaststroke or a combination of both, but no sidestroke or backstroke. Goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using the legs only. Hands are under the armpits.
- Swim 20 yards with face in or out of the water, surface dive to 7-10 feet; retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to surface and swim 20 yards on the back to the starting point with the object, exit the water within 1 min. 40 sec. No goggles.
Class Meeting Dates at South Dearborn High School-Pool
- December 30th from 7 pm to 8 pm (Could be shorter depending on how many students there are.)
- Saturday, January 5th from 9 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, January 6th from 9 am to 3 pm
- Saturday, January 12th from 9 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, January 13th from 9 am to 11 am practice (if needed). Written and water test right after practice. (Students are free to leave once they have completed both tests.)
**Students may leave for lunch break or bring a sack lunch. Classes may release early, depending on class size and material covered.
Cost: $250.00 total
- $250 will be paid to the instructor the First Day of class (checks can be made out to Lyndsay Laub)
- This fee includes online book fees, pool rental, instruction, supplies, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer,
- Skills testing over the water skills
- Two written exams: Lifeguarding and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- MUST receive 80% or better on written exam (No refunds are offered if student does not pass exams)
Registering For Class:
- Please e-mail Lyndsay Laub at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 28th.
** A Lifeguarding/CPR recertification class is also being offered on Sunday, January 6th at 12 pm for $75.00. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.