Rising Sun News
Ohio County Recycle Center Accepting Tires September 18-19
Posted by Bryce Kendrick on September 17, 2020
Throughout the summer, the Ohio County Recycle Center (1432 Barbour Way, Rising Sun) has been taking “difficult disposal” items for free. The last days of the season for problem wastes are Friday, September 18 and Saturday, September 19, where the center will accept up to four tires at no charge. You can bring more but a fee will be assessed per tire. Fees vary based on the type of tire and whether it is on or off the rim..
The Ohio County Recycle Center is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1 to 6 pm and Saturday from 8 am to noon for the folowing accepted recyclable items:
- Paper products- corrugated cardboard, paperboard, newspaper, mixed paper and magazines.
- Plastic bags- grocery bags, shrink wrap, dry cleaner bags and drink carton wraps.
- #1 PETE plastic bottles- soda and water bottles.
- #2 HDPE plastic bottles and containers- milk and juice jugs, detergent and bleach containers.
- Batteries- car and rechargeable batteries but no alkaline.
- Aluminum cans- soft drink and beer cans.
- Steel and tin cans- food, soup and vegetable cans.
- Glass bottles- clear, green and brown bottles.
- Fluorescent bulbs- $1 fee per bulb.
In general, paper items should be kept dry and bundled with string (not bagged). All plastics, aluminum/steel/tin cans and glass should be clean. Car batteries must not be cracked and the cells must be capped.
Please do not leave items after hours. If you have any questions, please contact the center at 812-801-9037.