Rising Sun News
Navy Bean Scarecrow Contest
Posted by Bryce Kendrick on September 20, 2018
Rising Sun Main Street is announcing its first Navy Bean Festival Scarecrow Contest for Rising Sun/Ohio County organizations and businesses. Entries must be received at the Rising Sun Main Street office, 103 S. Walnut Street, by Monday, October 1, 2018. Submitted entries will be displayed outside the Main Street office from October 5-November 2
Contestants are encouraged to be as creative as possible. Entries will be judged in three categories: funniest, most original and the best representation of a business or organization. All entries will be displayed outdoors and should be designed to withstand the elements.
Registration forms are available at the Rising Sun Main Street office or by printing the attached file below. For more information, call (812) 438-2750.
1) Contest is open to any Rising Sun/Ohio County organization or business.
2) All entries must be received at the Rising Sun Main Street office by Friday, October 1 at noon.
3) Scarecrows must be durable and able to withstand wind and rain.
4) The height of the scarecrow should not exceed seven feet, six inches (7’6″).
5) Entries will be judged on originality, creativity and presentation.
6) Each scarecrow must be submitted with a completed entry form.
7) There is no entry fee.
The winners will have ribbons placed on them for the period of October 14 through November 2.