Rising Sun News
Make Sure Your Golf Cart is Legal in 2020-21
Posted by Bryce Kendrick on December 31, 2019
Attention golf cart owners! It’s time for you to complete the biannual registration process which will keep your cart in good standing through December 31, 2021. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Take your golf cart to the Rising Sun Police Department (300 S. Poplar St.).
2) The RSPD will complete a checklist to make sure several items are in working order.
3) You’ll be given a registration/application to complete and your signed checklist. This includes a Release of Liability to initial and sign and Rules for Golf Carts.
4) Bring the following items to the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at City Hall (200 N. Walnut St.):
- Your completed registration/application form including your initialed and signed Release of Liability form.
- The signed checklist from the RSPD.
- Your driver’s license and proof of insurance. Please note homeowners insurance doesn’t always cover operating a golf cart on the street so please check your policy.
5) Once all of the above are taken care of, you’ll pay $25 at City Hall for a permit sticker valid through 12/31/21.
As a friendly reminder, golf carts are subject to the same rules of the road as other motorized vehicles. Please enjoy the fun and convenience of your cart but operate it in a responsible manner for your safety and the safety of others.