Rising Sun News
Bicentennial Books Are Here!
Posted by Bryce Kendrick on October 5, 2015
They were a long time coming but the Bicentennial Books have arrived! The book contains eight chapters covering the 200-year history of Rising Sun and includes many pictures, both rare and color images, stories, highlights and memories.
Please come to the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at Rising Sun City Hall on 200 North Walnut Street and get your books while they last. Supplies are limited. The cost per book is $40, payable by cash or check. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
What a great idea for a Christmas or birthday gift, a family keepsake or a literary tribute to add to your personal library.
Publisher Tracy Winters of Winters Publishing recognizes the following for helping making this book a reality:
– Cliff Thies, Ohio County Historical Society Museum Director and County Historian
– Ohio County Historical Society Board of Directors
– Mayors Branden Roeder and April Hautman
– Clerk-Treasurer Rae Baker Gipson and Staff
– Rising Sun City Council
– Bryce Kendrick, Rising Sun Grant Writer and Marketing Coordinator