Rising Sun Main Street will be hosting a Golf Cart Parade during the City’s Independence Day celebration in downtown Rising Sun according to this provided release. The event will take place on Tuesday, July 3. Walkers and bicyclists are also encouraged to participate.
The parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Rising Sun City Hall located at 200 North Walnut Street, and conclude on Front Street along the riverfront in Downtown Rising Sun.
Decorations will be available at the City Hall parking lot beginning at 6:00 p.m. for those who would like assistance in preparing for the event. Drivers of pre-decorated golf carts must arrive by 6:15 p.m.
Contest rules/regulations are as follows:
1. All golf carts and bicycles must be decorated in a patriotic theme. Walkers are encouraged to dress in patriotic attire.
2. All entrants must complete and submit a signed entry form.
3. Participating golf cart must be registered with the City of Rising Sun.
4. All golf carts drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
5. All passengers must have a seat.
6. Bicycles and walkers are welcome, but must sign an entry form.
7. No hitting, bumping, reckless driving, or ramming other golf carts.
8. Participants must be courteous and behave appropriately at all times.
After the parade, participants and parade-goers are encouraged to stay for live music by the Side Effects beginning at 7:00 p.m. Food will be available for sale by the Rising Sun Lion’s Club. Fireworks provided by the City of Rising Sun will begin at 10:00 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets.
Questions or additional information is available through Rising Sun Main Street by calling (812) 438-2750.
Information on lodging, eateries, events, or tourist attractions is available through Rising Sun/Ohio County Tourism at (812) 438-4933 or through enjoyrisingsun.com. Rising Sun Main Street and Rising Sun/Ohio County Tourism is available on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.